Here are some frequently asked questions about our products and services. If these still do not answer your questions, please get in contact with us.

Frequently Asked

Idurabond is our ACP (aluminim composite panel) and has a fire retardant composite core. Induracore G2 is our ALP (aluminium laminated panel) and is similar to Indurabond but has a unique pressed aluminium core. While Induarbond is a highly versatile and supremely durable, Induracore G2 offers more advantages due to its core. Unlike traditional ACP with the fire retardant cores it is 100% aluminium therefore non-combustible, ideal for commercial buildings where full scale tested façade cladding must be specified, such as hospitals, schools and high-rise buildings. The panel weight is also 37% lighter making handling easier and instillation more efficient.
Aluminium panel is installed by specialist fabricators. They use CAD programs to position each panel on the virtual project where cutting and forming plan's are generated. Using CNC machines the panels are then cut and folded to the desired dimensions. The panels are installed using an easy cassette system, creating a cavity of the desired depth. Silicon is used to seal between adjacent panels.
Fire retardant ACP has a core that has a minimum 70% non-combustible mineral filled core. The FR core contains hydroxide, a non-combustible mineral designed to release water vapour and supress fire spread.
Induabond FR has passed NFPA 285, has a PASS certificate and has unrestricted use below 10m. Often used on high end residential projects, commercial and industrial warehouse and office buildings. This is our more cost effective cladding. Induracore G2 has passed the BS8414 fire test to the BR135 standard and has CodeMark certification meaning it has unrestricted use on any construction project. When it comes to compliance, it is one of the smartest options available for high-rise construction and mixed-use development projects.
Oil canning is the waviness seen in metal panels and is an inherent characteristic of light-gauge, cold-rolled flat metal products. It is most commonly seen in the broad flat areas of a metal roof or wall system. Oil canning can occur with any type of metal material used in construction. One common cause is the expansion and contraction of the metal as it heats and cools during the day, and when this happens unevenly it causes the panel to oil can. However this is doesnt happen to ACP and ALP panels due to the fact it has three layers and is 4mm thick. The three layers of aluminium in this panel hold each other from expanding and contracting which limits the oil canning.
Yes, we have BIM files for all our standard fixing details for Induracore G2, Indurabond and Induraplate panel systems. These are available in DWG, DXF or PDF formats. They are to large to have them loaded on the website, so please get in touch via email: [email protected] and will have a link sent through you can download them from.
We mostly sell through our specialist installer network due to the difficulty in fabrication and installation, but if you have needs outside building cladding you can send an email to [email protected] and one of the sales team will get in touch to assist where possible.
Most caravans/trailers use an aluminium panel that has a polyethelene core which cannot be used as a cladding on buildings. This is a cheaper product and we do not sell this panel. Indurabond has a fire retardent core and this makes it more expensive and therfore not often used on caravans/trailers.